Saturday, September 30, 2006

The Devil Wears Prada


Went to watch "The Devil Wears Prada" yesterday. Starring the beautiful Anne Hathaway, she was really fantastic as Andrea Sachs and I love every bit of her flawless porcelain complexion, her elegant demeanor, sweetness, hair, clothes and fashion (After the makeover though, this shows how important FASHION really is). Omg, after watching this, I couldn't lay my eyes on any of the clothes in the local shopping mall. Pathetic huh?! Those designer's clothes are really amazing! And it's an eye opener for me, I'm now not only limited to the acknowledgment of Nike or Adidas or Oreef, Christian Dior, Elle There are actually so much out there! Including those I'd already know and newly acquainted ones, and those really impossible-to-pronounce Italian brands (D&G, Armani, Prada, Bang & Olufsen FYI, this is like the Rolex for audio and electrical gadgets, Calvin Klein etc..) . And you know what? Fashion IS something we ought to learn a lot from. It isn't just about gay designers or rich and famous airheads attending fashion shows and shower in the latest designer's thongs or any of those expensive accessories. It's really about the competition and race of fashion out there. Just like technology. These are the factors which drives the world on. World of fashion. C'mon, you don't wanna wear a leaf covering only your manhood forever huh?

Not forgetting Meryl Streep too as Miranda Priestly, who has been nominated in Oscar more than any other actress has accomplished. So she's the legend alright, and here she's portraying the legend in the fashion industry - Miranda who is downright EVIL and mean editor in chief for Runway. Damn, she hit the role really well, and I love her. Yes, I don't hate her for being hell from boss. I actually liked her, her meanness, and u-must-do-whatever-I-say-or-scram attitude, for being such an acumen and astitute figure. Bad ass one maybe. Yea, I liked that but I'm definitely no where near the hellish boss, I mean working for her is really torture. But I realized something though, and it's right after all. Quote from Nigel, "when you realized your personal life is going out of hand, it's about time you get a promotion". You gain something, then you gotta lose something. It's FAIR.

I liked the ending very well. I'm relieved that Andrea had finally realizes wad she really wanted to do and intended to do all the while, her initial goal - Journalism. And she's made the best choice finally. (Of course, ditching your boss halfway in a fashion trip to Paris was a bit far-fetched) But then that was only what she would've done so well, with integrity. Something she wouldn't have to gain by hurting other people, by sabotaging other people's career. NO, she realized that just in time. Thank goodness huh? It's really saddening to see someone drift away from their beliefs and path as they got influenced by their surroundings. She was nearly one of the "Clackers"(suck up bimbo on ridiculous heels). She nearly changed into another Andy. The Andy that would do ANYTHING for her own career, even something terrible. I was praying hard she wouldn't turn out like her boss. Quote "I'm still the old Andy, just with nicer clothes". If only it were that simple. NO. It's never that simple.

In a whole it was totally awesome and I mean it! Being a picky movie buff myself, it's really hard to find a good film nowadays. And yea, it's been a while since I've watched something so eye-candy, compelling at the same time educating. Oh yea, how could I forget? The music was great! I've listened to the whole soundtrack already and it was great. I love the "Suite from The Devil Wears Prada" best. It sure get me all hyped up and ready for a fashion makeover.

What I love most about the film?

THOSE DESIGNER'S CLOTHES!
They looked awesome on Anne Hathaway, and she's such a bright star in the film despite the fact she's already working with the legendary Meryl, but Anne exudes her personal star "scent" that really captures the audience. I'm beginning to love this girl already. She's really great.

In the movie, there's one part, albeit comical but funny part where Miranda would come in the office and hurl heavy furry-expensive-designer's jackets and her Gucci, Prada branded bags on Andy's table every morning, plus those really silly demands like where's my paper that I read yesterday and etc...But my favorite has to be the TRANSFORMATION. From a I-don't-care-about-fashion ordinary girl, maybe a bit messed up to a dazzling Prada-Gucci-D&G-endorsement-ahead-of-fashion supermodel. Can't imagine? Let the photos do the talking.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
the old Andy
*drum rolls*

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
After makeover!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I love the Chanel boots!! I think it's a one piece boot - hip length.
My favorite, so I got tonnes of the similar outfit. In the form of pictures.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
There's just something about this outfit, it made her looked so chic at the same time hot, elegant and not lose the sense of "intelligence" DAMN! I love it on her. This is so Anne Hathaway.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Isn't it just eye candy? *drools* I really loved the outfit. Actually this is not ALL. I might capture from the movie itself once I've gotten the DVD. I enjoyed the part where Andy was racing through the streets, and I think they flashed about 5-10 outfits there? All different and damn nice. OMG. It feels so good to be rich and ready to spend on the expensive designer's clothes. *snap back to reality*

Trivia - they've spent more than millions on the clothes in the movie alone. Yikes. Alright, hope those who've not watched it will watch it. It's a great film. Currently reading the book. It's pretty long-winded though. Nevertheless, I hope the book is good as well. I want to be a devil :)

5 comments:

eiChi said...

the Devil Wears Prada ROX~!!!!!! n i love ur review too~!! maybe u can be a joiurnalist :p haha~ just like andy~~ XD

Boon Lee said...

hehe..thanks gurl!!
yea i really loved the movie
MORE than the book ya know?! :D
btw, i'd just finished reading the book.

Mrs. Thoughtskoto said...

i watched that movie 3 times already. The clothes are just great!

Wesley's Blog said...

I love the movie...especially the Vogue scene when anndy change the outfits...its amazing!!

Wesley's Blog said...

I watched this movie more than 5 times...
hello from Brazil....