Thursday, April 29, 2010

Pimping My Graphic Tees!



I have a long list of history of romantic affairs with graphic tees! It's my staple clothing, together with jeans and sneakers. I know it's not your conventional girl fashion but I pull it off really well so that's why I tend to stick to this style. I can't put a name on this sense of fashion, I would probably call it comfy casual for myself. Besides, I'm a girl with attitude and nothing can express myself better than these artsy graphic tees.

These are my finest collections thus far. I brought most of them from home even though my mum insisted that I wasn't going to wear them, and some are bought here from thrift stores. I love bargains because I don't believe in spending a lot on a single item. That's just silly and don't give me bullshit about quality. It's all the branding and marketing which droved up prices for many things which you can actually get at a lower price! I don't succumb to that, really.

I get most of my graphic tees below the price of RM30 in Malaysia and $10 in US; I would suggest the following places to get unique graphic tees: Catchup in Sunway, random shops in Sungai Wang Plaza, MNG (go during sales!), FOS, and for US - Forever21, Ragstock, thrift stores in your surrounding area and online boutique. It takes a great amount of patience to look through the pile of clothes they have but you'll eventually find something awesome!

Basically the kind of graphic tee I look for has to fit either one of this criteria:

  • related to music, ie. bands, music instruments (especially guitars), rock out statements, portrait of rock chicks. My personal favorite is the one with a hi-fi strategically printed across the chest (first on the top left), I thought it's a brilliant design and since I'm a sucker for all things related to music, that explains the portable player graphic tee sitting next to it, and the one that says "Party Like A Rock Star" with an electric guitar diagonally placed on the tee. (You can't really see the entire design from the photo though).
  • non-cheesy statements that shouts attitude, ie. personal favorite: "Only Yummy Girl Wears This T-shirt" (spot the red tee with white wordings on the fourth row.) It has a clever design as the words are arranged to look like the shape of a girl. OMG WTF is classic eye-catcher, everyone who walked past me will steal a look at what my shirt says every single time! Well, nothing can go wrong with that except for formal occasions - TOO MUCH ATTITUDE OBVIOUSLY. I also liked the bottom most right that says "Win Something For Someone"
  • a tee that's trying to look like something else, ie. waitress suit or tuxedo. It's just too cute to miss! I also had a graphic tee with a tie printed on it, it is absolutely adorable but I'm too fat for that shirt that's why I never brought it over!
  • faces, numbers, figures and recognizable icons. ie. Starbucks. It's a gift from Lils and we have an identical pair. 
  • they mustn't be too fitting but must be tight enough to show waistline. LOL

There you have it, my glorious collection! I'm still on my way of expanding my collection because there's never enough graphic tees in the world! I wish to release my line of tees someday too since I'm into the whole designing scene. We shall see.

No comments: